Monday, June 09, 2008

A little ray of sunshine

Well, we made it through Friday.



And Scot said it was his favorite day with Ava ever. I'm inclined to agree. Ava was the light everyone seemed to need that day. She was completely charming, a social butterfuly, running around the reception room and making friends with everyone. She ran up to Grandma Di every so often and hugged her leg and asked to be held. All the women who work with Di finally got to see the girl in all the pictures. She gave people a reason to smile that day between the tears. I only hope she'll be able to hold onto the memories she has of Grandpa Gardy...

It was a very nice reception altogether - we were so touched by the amount of people who came and supported all of us. Gardy touched many, many lives.

2 comments:

dougnlarry said...

I'm so glad you all have Ava to get through this rough time. I'm thinking of you and your family often.

A Crafty Mom said...

How wonderful that Ava is the strength that everyone needs right now. (((HUGS))) to you guys.