Monday, July 28, 2008

16 Weeks

My 16 week checkup went well...the most incredible news was that by some miracle I did not gain a pound in the last month. I'm not sure how that is possible, considering I ate about 4000 calories each day on vacation BUT I'll take it. Maybe I haven't gained any weight, but I have definitely gained inches. So much so in fact, that I had to call my friends Angie and Jess in a panic the day before we left to get some of my maternity clothes back and add some new ones to my collection (thanks again girlies!)so I actually had some things to wear on vacation. So, I'm in the yucky hybrid stage right now. Busting out of normal pants, but not altogether fat enough for maternity. Good times.

Anyway, back to the appointment. Everything checked out pretty well, though I came home to a message from my doctor that my iron is STILL low. So, now I need to up my intake to two a day. More good times.

Got to hear the heartbeat again...and then Ava insisted that Dr. Lockhart use the doppler on her, it was too cute! Ava also got her blood pressure taken, she was having a ball. After the doctor left and we were waiting for the nurse to come back, Ava hopped up onto the table, pulled up her shirt, and wanted me to examine her some more. Mommy in training, that girl.

I scheduled my 20 week ultrasound for Tuesday, August 19th. I will actually be 19 weeks then, but since Scot leaves on the 25th, I was able to schedule it a little early.

I'm too tired to post many pictures tonight...but I will leave you with a few, just to wet your appetite.

Not Hawaii, but Ava in her big girl bed a few days before we left


Waikiki Beach (our hotel is the farthest on the right)


The view from our balcony


Sunset on Waikiki Beach


Our first night in Hawaii, we ate dinner outdoors at a restaurant within our hotel complex

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Yay for a good OB appt!!! LOVE the Hawaii pics! I'm so jealous - I love Waikiki Beach! Glad you had a great time and can't wait to see more pics.

dougnlarry said...

I love Hawaii! I can't wait to see some more pics.

I'm glad your appt went well and you scheduled you ultrasound for before Scot leaves.

Tricia said...

Oh I'm so jealous! I've never been to Hawaii! HOW WONDERFUL! And how cute Ava in her bed! :) AND YEAH about the great Dr visit! Cute that you brought Ava! :)

Tricia