Daddy welcomes us to the base.
We got there at 11 and there was a brief awards ceremony for their unit. Then it was a free for all. Ava quickly discovered this GIANT inflatable obstacle course thing and she must have done it about 7 or 8 times.
She was easily the youngest kid attempting it, but she really did a good job considering there really wasn't a way for us to help her. There was a giant slide on the other side to go down. They also had a regular bounce house and another inflatable train, but they didn't hold nearly as much appeal as this thing. For the bigger kids, they also had a rock climbing wall. A local restaurant - Fat Lorenzo's - provided a spaghetti lunch for everyone, which was really nice.
She got a little kitty painted on her cheek.
And got to try out the cockpit of Daddy's plane!
A pony ride too..
It was a really fun time - we all took a nap when we got home :-) Too bad we have to be out there again on the 25th to see him off for 2 months. Blah.
4 comments:
I'm impressed at how much a daredevil Ava is! We tried to get Gus on a pony at that age and he screamed. The climbing thing looks scary as a parent to witness too. Looks like you'all had a fun day.
I can't believe she did that all by herself! I don't even know if I could do it. LOL
Sorry you're a week away from Scot leaving. I'm glad you got your ultrasound scheduled for before he leaves. Are you excited to see the baby tomorrow? :)
Looks like a great time!!!! Ava is so darn cute! The 25th alreadY????! Let me know what I can do while Scot is away. If you'd like a play date we are up for it (though I'd understand if we've scared you away due to our behavior the last couple times!)!! Hope to see you & your cute belly soon! Tricia
Looks like a great day, love the face kitty!
Ava is getting so big, such a pretty little gal! :)
Post a Comment