Saturday, September 27, 2008

Life in the sandbox

Sandbox, as in Afghanistan. So not my cute little girl playing in the backyard...

After much hounding from me, Scot finally sent over some pictures, so here is a look at how he has been living for the past 5 weeks.

Base housing


Their makeshift common area. Last year, they had an indoor common room, but they haven't had one this time so they created this space outdoors.


Scot's room. I gave him shit because the first pictures he sent didn't have any obvious signs of family pictures being displayed. So, he sent this picture to shut me up.




Hard at work...


His crew


And a shoutout to Daddy from Ava (albeit not a very focused conversation). And yes, she's wearing her ball gown again.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Oh, and thanks to friends Jess and Kelly who went out to dinner with me for my birthday. Bigger thanks to sister in law Julie who gave me the time off. :-)

4 comments:

A Crafty Mom said...

Wow, Heidi, I can't believe those are his living conditions! He sure looks handsome in his uniform though :-) Ava is such a big, pretty girl . . . I can hardly believe how big she is. I'm glad to hear you got out for your birthday and had a good time - you totally deserve it. I hope it was a great one. Leah fits into the cute jeans and sweater you sent her - yes, already fitting into 12 month clothes. It's adorable and I'll be sure to take some pics of her in it for you!!

Sarah said...

I didn't know it was your birthday! Happy Birthday! And adorable video, by the way...

dougnlarry said...

Poor Scot. I'm glad he isn't there very long.

Happy Belated Birthday!

Rebecca said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YA....HAPPY BIRTH..DAY!!!!!!

Not bad digs Scot is in, could be worse right!! :)

I wonder if the Seabees built those huts, are there Seabees where he is?

Adorable video of Mizz A, how cute is that child....and YOU mum sound nothing like I thought you would!!!:P