Scot made it home last Friday - Ava and I got to the Guard base just minutes before the plane flew overhead. I wish I could describe the excitement on Ava's face when she realized her daddy was finally coming home...I'd include a picture here if I had one. If only I had remembered to put the memory card back in the camera...oh well. My mind was obviously elsewhere. Anyway, it was a great moment. She waved her little flag with such gusto and couldn't stop smiling. Neither could I.
After a 20 minute trip over to Customs, their plane finally taxied over to us. Ava didn't shy away from Scot at all and gave him a huge hug.
While we were waiting, I overheard a conversation Ava was having with another little girl Sophia (whose daddy was the other pilot):
Ava: "My daddy is on the plane"
Sophia: "No, my daddy is on the plane"
Repeat.
I jumped in and assured Ava that both of their daddies were on the plane.
Anyway, it took about another hour for Scot to in-process and then we were finally on our way home. Together. I can't even describe what a relief it's been to have him home - I don't think I realized how tired I've really been. It is amazing to have help around the house and with Ava - I'm so thankful he's back!
Anyway, we've pretty much fallen back into our old routine. Scot has off for 2 weeks, which has been great. He has kept very busy crossing things off his honey-do list and catching up with family and friends.
I have Friday off and we're headed to the Rivertown Inn in Stillwater for the night. We're both looking forward to a relaxing day and evening out. Ava will stay home with Aunt Julie tomorrow night and then friends Jess & Keira on Saturday.
5 comments:
Yay!! Welcome home Scot!! Now your job is to rest and relax and get ready to meet that baby. Have fun on your date night!
Glad Scot made it home safe and sound and you're already settling back into routine. Have fun on your date! (Cute story about Ava and Sophia too.)
YAY for your man being home, isn't it the BEST feeling in the world!!! :0
Have a fabbo weekend girl, you absolutely deserve it!! :)
Wonderful news, Heidi. I'm so happy he is home, safe and sound. I hope you enjoyed your Friday night away - you totally earned it!!!
Woohoo! I'm so glad he's back home. :)
Post a Comment