Let's see...
Book club is on Wednesday and I have over 200 pages to go...
I'm 14 weeks pregnant. My weekly email update tells me the baby is the size of a lemon now - about 3 1/2 inches. He/she can now also squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his/her thumb. I'm doing well - I haven't had true morning sickness for about 3-4 weeks now and I feel fairly energetic. However, I was blown over by a 24 hour bug on Saturday. Upon waking, I immediately felt nauseaus, but just figured it was morning sickness rearing it's ugly head again...but after countless trips to the bathroom during the day, I figured it was something more. I ended up sleeping almost all day and barely ate a thing. UGH, it was miserable. Thank God it only lasted the day, though. I've felt fine ever since. My waistline is definitely expanding and I've worn the occasional maternity garb here and there. I expect it won't be too long before I'm in it full time.
We're still having trouble with Ava getting out of her crib/bed and opening her door. Like clockwork at about 5:30 each morning, she has waltzed down to our bedroom and announced, "I'm done napping." It's getting old.
But she always redeems herself and says cute things like this:
Ava: The new baby is talking.
Me: Really? What is he saying?
Ava: He saying, "I need my mom."
Me: Aww...that's nice.
Ava: I'm a big sister now! I going to wrap him up in a blanket and keep him warm and cozy.
Yeah. Time to get back to my book now...
4 comments:
I'm sure you'll get enough of the book read to stay in the loop during the book club conversation. If not, then just smile and fake it! ;)
That is SO CUTE what Ava said about the baby!!!! What a doll. Hawaii??? I'm SO JEALOUS! And so sorry about the terrible twos. We've been experiencing them for say uh over a year... and still months until they turn 3! And I hear 3 is the new 2!? I love reading your updates!
That is so cute. She's going to be a great big sister. She thinks it's a boy, I guess?
Riss: Well, we usually just say "he" because it's easier. That is her preferred pronoun in general, I guess, though...she's not big on "she", "her", etc. It's always "he" and "him".
Tricia: Yeah, I don't imagine 3 is going to be any better...:-)
Post a Comment